Hi everybody!! I have been binge watching The Great British Baking Show lately, and although this is not baking, I’ve just been inspired to create delicious meals! My boyfriend and I recently went to a verrry good Italian Restaurant in town, and I ordered this succulent pasta that was similar to what I created here. I couldn’t remember the name of the dish, so I did a little research and came across an Orange and Shrimp Alfredo Recipe. I changed it up a bit, as I normally do in the kitchen, and put my own spin on it! Enjoy!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 16 oz box of Penne (or whatever pasta is your fave!)
- 1/2 lb. Pre- Cooked Shrimp (less or more depending on what you like!)
- 2 Blood Oranges
- 1 Large Sweet Onion
- 2 Off the Vine Tomatoes
- 2 cups of Alfredo Sauce
- 3/4 cup of Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup Flour
WHAT TO DO:
- I like to prep my ingredients before I start cooking so I can just add everything as I need it! Cut up one of the Blood Oranges into little wedges and one of the Blood Oranges into very thin slices. Dice the onion and tomatoes.
- Boil pot of water for pasta, then add the penne once the water is boiling. Cook until pasta is tender.
- While the pasta is cooking, sauté the Shrimp and Onions together on Medium Heat until Onions start to get soft. Add in 1/2 cup of Orange Juice and the Flour (the flour helps to thicken the sauce), and cook for 3 minutes. Add in the Blood Orange Wedges and Alfredo Sauce, turn down heat and simmer for 5- 7 minutes. Make sure to stir the ingredients every now and then so all the flavors mix together.
- Drain Pasta, put back in pot, and add the Sauce mixing it all up!
- Reuse the same sauce pan and sauté the Blood Orange Slices w/ remaining OJ on Low/ Medium Heat for 3- 5 minutes.
- Scoop some onto your plate and garnish with the Diced Tomatoes and the Blood Orange Slices.
- Eat lots of food and ENJOY!! ❤